Setting up a SpeedTouch 536/536i ADSL router via USB
Insert the installation CD included with the ADSL router into your CD-ROM drive.
If the setup program does not start automatically, open My Computer, then click on the CD-ROM drive.
- Right-click the CD-ROM icon and select AutoPlay from the menu.
You will be prompted to choose a language.
- After you change the language, click the Next button.
- Select SpeedTouch 536v6 from the list, then click the Next button.
- Check the box next to the option marked with red (see below picture), then click the Next button.
- Check that all parts of the equipment are included in the product box, then click the Next button.
- Read instructions for choosing the installation location, then click the Next button.
- Use the included telephone cable to connect the Modem port in the ADSL splitter and the grey Phone port on the router.
- Follow instructions on the screen to connect the ADSL router to the power supply.
- Switch the router on and wait until the green POWER lamp lights up. After that, the DSL lamp first blinks green, and then lights up.
- Wait until the green DSL lamp lights up before setting up the Internet connection for the router.
- To set up the Internet connection, click on the Set up my SpeedTouch button.
- Wait until the Home Install Wizard appears on screen, then click the Next button.
- Click the Yes button after you read the License Agreement.
- If the setup offers to automatically configure TCP window size, click Yes.
- Choose Basic, then select Routed PPP from the list.
- Enter 8.35 in the VPI/VCI field, then choose PPP over Ethernet as your Connection Type.
- After you enter all parameters, the installation program will configure your ADSL router and computer.
- When the setup is complete, click the Exit button to exit Home Setup Wizard.
The ADSL connection setup is complete. If all parameters are correct, you may start using the Internet.